Translation from English

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Daniel O'Donnell


 
I know how you are feeling- shocked, scared, sick. As I sat with my husband John watching the results come in, I too felt the wave of sadness.

Our country is still not the place that we hoped it was- of dignified treatment of others, opportunity for all, and love. However, even now, I still believe that those ideals are what America could be. If you also believe in that America, I need you to continue to strive for it.  

Now, more than ever, it is paramount that we do not become complacent. We must continue to say no to the normalization of hateful rhetoric and actions against women, the LGBT community, immigrants, Muslims, and those with disabilities. We must continue to fight for tomorrow to be better than today.

I know firsthand that progress is not easy. It will beat you up, knock you down, and test your endurance. It will hurt.

I rather hurt than be indifferent, because pain is a motivator that we can use to propel us forward. That is why I remain fully committed to being your progressive, loud, voice for New York State.

However, I know that we are stronger together. I hope you will join me in this effort by continuing to be involved in the democratic process locally, statewide, and nationally. Our combined voices can change the world. 

 
In solidarity, 

Daniel O'Donnell

Like us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter
Friends of Daniel O'Donnell, 611 West 111th Street, New York, NY 10025

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered