Translation from English

Saturday, June 29, 2013

City Sends out Evacuation Zone Maps and Information how to get ready for the next Hurricane Sandy

My map of evacuation zones and detailed instructions on how to be ready for the next Hurricane Sandy arrived in the mail today...

Well, at least someone is making up some battle plans for what to do when the next extreme weather event like Sandy hits, which, as meteorologists tell us over and over ( and people ignore with equal zeal)  is not a question of if but of when...

I have my emergency radio now and battery powered lamp and already have some bottled water on hand ( would have to get more if real warnings come up again, of course).

Someone in New Mexico (where they have their own extreme weather problems)  has asked me if I have all sorts of plans of fleeing the City if it becomes obvious that might be a good idea. 

Not yet, no, because in that case I am not sure where I would go yet and how I would get there.

And who wants to think about this unless they goad us to more,--which I hope they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered