Translation from English

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Big Deal over a Small mark on my ear

Once more, I am going in for Mohs surgery at Weill Cornell Hospital in New York...this time because of a tiny (to me) mark my dermatologist found on the top of my left ear.

I saw the surgeon today and got set up for the Mohs surgery in about a week or so.

I was given an informational sheet with a big list of do's and dont's..as much or not more than when I had my hernia operation recently.

One of my friends has had a number of serious skin cancer operations on her face, and another young man I know got a bad scare with a melanoma that appeared without warning on his chest...the doctors were really worried about that one and I guess he still is too.

Meanwhile , the environment all this takes place in is so calm and tranquil and nicely air conditioned on a hot day... now for some pix
This is one small part of the very big clinic waiting room...I was of course avoiding taking anyh pix that might have people in them..
The lobby of the  building on York Avenue across from the main hospital is about as peaceful an atmosphere as you could imagine...
And unsurprisingly, the food stands out on York Avenue featured almost all "healthy" food for the staff of the hospital and anyone else who might come along... 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered