Translation from English

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Photos from the Internet- Empire State and London Eye

I googled up these pictures 1) from top of Empire State Building 2) of London Eye just for the hell of it.

When I started this blog I said I wanted to avoid pix that were too cliche and touristy, but this time I am just posting some anyway.

I am showing the London Eye because someone just sent me a Powerpoint presentation on it.
For views of London, it is probably the equivalent of the Empire State though not anywhere near so high up....but London is still basically a low rise city anyway.

One of my friends was not impressed by the Eye. He writes:

I did see the Eye when I was in London. How could one miss it? I didn't ride it, thinking it was touristy kitsch. I would rather go to the British Museum (free) and stand in the presence of the Rosetta Stone and the Elgin marbles. Tickets to the Eye for seniors cost about $50.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered