Translation from English

Saturday, March 14, 2009

PineTree Lodge, West 35th Street

The Pine Tree Lodge is a friendly bar all lit up at night in an otherwise very dreary block...

I don't drink there ( I haven't had a drink in 15 years-- much easier than quitting smoking, by the way--maybe because while maybe not an alcoholic,  I am addicted to cigarettes--)--which reminds me, today is day twelve without smoking...went to Nicotine Anonymous meeting today.

People at pine Tree very friendly...checked with them first before I took photo and explained about my blog.

Funny, I am now living up to pledge I took when  I was confirmed as a Methodist 50 years ago in Evanston, Illinois-- I don't smoke, drink or gamble! Not going back to Church however ( like my sister, am a Unitarian Universalist but I rarely go -- )-- think people should practice any religion they want, or NO religion if that's what they want. World has been too wrecked by religious intolerance-- Mahatma Gandhi is one of my favorite heroes in history, as much as I have heroes...

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Unitarianism "the featherbed of fallen Christians"?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered